Type Here to Get Search Results !

Ads

Baby-faced police recruits receive flurry of support after online troll attacks



A brace of baby-faced boys in blue have been subject to widespread abuse on social media, as users deemed the recruits too young.

The negative reaction has prompted a louder chorus of support for the student officers, who are enrolling as part of the Police Uplift programme.


Superintendent Helen Brear of West Yorkshire Police initially announced the recruitment of Alfie and Noah to the Kirklees District by posting a photo to X.

Brear has since spearheaded the dismay at the negative response with a secondary post, in which she said: “I have been incredibly disappointed by some of the responses.



"Both of my colleagues passed the recruitment process and displayed they had the skills/ abilities.

“Both will make great cops and I as their leader will ensure they reach their potential.”

Appearing on GB News, former Metropolitan police officer Chris Hobbs also encouraged the public not to judge a book by its cover.

Hobbs said: “Appearances can be very deceptive. He may look young but he would have got through some tough tests to get into the police.

“He would have had a fitness test. That would have included a strength test.

“I expect he’s got a lot of character. Don’t go by appearances alone.”



Reflecting on the impact of such a social media backlash, Hobbs said: “I think it’s really unfortunate that a young PC is off to a start in his career with people mocking him.

“Policing has never been more challenging, never been more dangerous. And he’s going to go out with this.”

Scornful social media users had commented “1000 per cent bullied at school”, and “I know they say you are old when the PCs look younger….”

Others questioned “has the pension got so bad that they have to start at 12?" and "Should I be letting the NSPCC know about this?"

However, an abundance of social media users leapt to the recruits’ defence.

POLICE LATEST:



Chief Supt Chris Casey said: “Huge welcome to policing Noah and Alfie! A job like no other!

“Some of these comments are here…. I recall starting as a very you looking 18 year old special at @AstonWMP - a steep learning curve, but looking young didn’t hold me back.”

Another user noted: “I joined at 19 and thought I looked young, but my God they look like school children. That being said, I in no way doubt their ability to do the job and wish them well.”

This received a response of agreement from another user: “I was 18 when I joined as a SC and looking back on pictures the other day, I looked really young but, same as you, I don't doubt they'll make good officers and I wish them the best of luck.”




from GB News https://ift.tt/UStjGrn

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad

Ads